Firearms Safety Course (PAL)EatWild
EatWild is focused on hunting and we only run the non-restricted PAL (CFSC). We do not offer the RPAL (CRFSC)
CFSC is an introductory firearm safety course intended for all new firearms users and as a prerequisite for obtaining a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL). This course provides students with the knowledge of firearm laws and confidence for safe-handling. Their classes provide a relaxed and friendly class atmosphere where beginners won’t feel intimidated.
You will be able to apply for your, participants will be able to:
- Handle Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely
- Use, store and transport Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely and responsibly
- Apply for a Non-Restricted Firearms Licence (PAL) having received the required “Safety Training Certification”
- Complete their BC Hunter Education Course (CORE) without having to take the CORE Practical Firearms Exam
- Go on to take the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC)
Minimum Age Requirement
Min Age - 12 years and older. 10 years old can take the course but can’t take the test or apply for their license (just for learning purposes).
*10+ can hunt with someone who has a license as long as they are under direct supervision.
the course consists of 10 hours of classroom training time. The course is offered over one long day which includes the exam.