Soap Making BasicsReSkilled Life
If you've ever wanted to create pure, natural soaps without the additives and chemicals found in commercial products, then ReSkilled Life's Soap Making Basics workshop is perfect for you. Learn the fundamentals of soap making and discover how to craft high-quality soaps that are gentle on the skin and the environment.
ReSkilled Life offers both in-person sessions at their center and off-site workshops. Participants can expect live instruction, personalized guidance, detailed step-by-step tutorials, access to online video tutorials, and all the necessary supplies to create their first batch of soap to take home.
What to Expect:
Whether you're a first-time soap maker or someone looking to expand their crafting skills, this workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to soap making. Participants will:
- Explore the chemical process behind soap making, including the interaction between fats, alkaline solutions (lye), scents, and colorings.
- Learn how to render fats for soap making and utilize various ingredients to customize soap recipes according to personal preferences and skin sensitivities.
- Gain insights into selecting and using essential oils for creating healing soaps with delightful fragrances.
- Discover techniques for coloring soaps naturally using herbs and minerals.
- Master the "cold process" method for crafting soap bars and understand essential safety procedures.
- Familiarize themselves with the equipment needed for soap making and learn how to improvise with household items.
- Acquire skills for building soap molds or repurposing household items as molds.
- Understand the process of setting, shaping, and curing soap bars to perfection.
This workshop is suitable for anyone interested in learning soap making, whether it's for personal use, gifting, or as a chemical-free alternative for household cleaning and personal care. It's especially beneficial for beginners, parents seeking natural options, homesteaders aiming for self-sufficiency, and crafting enthusiasts looking for a rewarding hobby.
At ReSkilled Life, sustainability is key. The workshop prioritizes the use of locally available materials, offering tallow and lard as base ingredients. However, vegan participants interested in vegetable-based soaps can still benefit from the workshop's teachings, although they won't receive a batch of soap to take home at the end.