Wild Basket Making WorkshopBowness Soapworks
Immerse yourself in the art of Wild Basket Making Workshop with the guidance of owner and seasoned adventurer, Melba Seto. Drawing on a lifetime of handcraft experience, Melba's practical skills in survival and self-sufficiency were honed during her seven-year tenure as a Royal Canadian Air Cadet, where she also trained as a survival instructor.
What to Expect
This full-day workshop unveils the intricacies of foraging, harvesting, and preparing your materials to craft a wild basket. Melba provides basket making tools, ensuring a comprehensive learning experience. Participants should be prepared to navigate coarse terrain for material harvesting and spend the entire day outdoors, appropriately attired.
- Bring water, food, and snacks for sustenance.
- Don waterproof footwear, whether hiking boots or rubber boots.
- Dress in layers for comfort.
- Equip yourself with a hat and gloves.
Delve into the heart of Bowness Soapworks + Seto Pottery by taking a free studio tour. Witness a wheel throwing demo and enjoy exclusive discounts on pottery purchases made on-site. Gain insights into the creative process and the remarkable journey behind the craftsmanship.
Pottery transcends the act of creation; it is a therapeutic journey that teaches the art of centering, both on the wheel and in life. Melba's pottery instruction extends beyond the technicalities, providing an opportunity for self-discovery and nurturing neglected aspects of oneself.
- Minimum of 2 guests required for booking.
- Explore the therapeutic benefits of pottery.
- Learn life lessons of letting go, dealing with loss, and overcoming failure.