The Saskatoon FarmSaskatoon Farm
The Saskatoon Farm boasts multiple greenhouses teeming with plants and flowers. A charming old-fashioned street beckons with unique gift shops, offering eclectic treasures. A restaurant, adorned with an outdoor patio, serves delightful dishes. The seasonal Farmer's Market showcases local organic veggies, while the annual U-Pick event invites visitors to pluck their berries.
Choose Your Own Adventure
- Bakery Bliss The farm's bakery is a haven for those with a sweet tooth. From Saskatoon pies and butter tarts to lemon scones, every delicacy is crafted from farm-grown produce. Freshly baked goods grace the shelves each morning, offering a taste of real food. Don't miss the seasonal availability of garlic and cheese sourdough, a true crowd-pleaser.
- Garden Center Delights As the growing season unfolds, the Garden Center becomes a haven for plant enthusiasts. From fruit trees to vibrant flowers, Saskatoon Farm caters to both novice gardeners and seasoned enthusiasts alike.
- Bountiful Farmer's Market With over four acres of organically grown vegetables, Saskatoon Farm's Farmer's Market is a feast for the senses. Fresh produce, from young potatoes to lush greens, is meticulously picked and stocked daily. The market also features delectable fruits sourced from beautiful British Columbia.
- The Buffalo Room Adding a touch of rustic charm, The Buffalo Room offers a unique dining experience. With a cozy winter menu and family-friendly ambiance, it's an ideal spot to savor the flavors of the season. Operating from Tuesday to Sunday, the restaurant provides a first-come, first-served dining experience.
- Totem Pole Collection Saskatoon Farm pays homage to Indigenous culture through its Totem Pole Collection. While serving as captivating tourist attractions, these totem poles also represent a traditional craft of various tribes across North America. They stand tall as a reflection and celebration of Canada's rich and diverse cultural heritage.
Farm Life and Markets
Beyond its culinary and horticultural delights, Saskatoon Farm offers a glimpse into farm life. From markets showcasing local crafts to tortoises ambling around the premises, every corner tells a story of passion, dedication, and the joy of countryside living.
Nestled at the confluence of the Highwood and Sheep River in the Foothills, Saskatoon Farm is a testament to the enduring dream of Paul and Karen Hamer. Purchasing an empty barley field 34 years ago, their vision for a special place began to take shape. With backgrounds in horticulture and a desire to embrace countryside living, they meticulously planted trees, built structures, and watched their dream evolve into the sprawling beauty that is Saskatoon Farm today.