Museum With AltitudeThe Hangar Flight Museum
Discover the rich aviation history of Western Canada at The Hangar Flight Museum, nestled in a drill hall constructed during the Second World War as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan. This Calgary attraction, often overlooked, is a captivating destination that brings the past to life and fosters dreams of flight.
Guided Tour at The Hangar Flight Museum:
Embark on a journey through aviation history with the Guided Tour at The Hangar Flight Museum. Led by their knowledgeable guides, this immersive experience takes your group on a captivating exploration of our Second World War hangar, unveiling the stories behind military, commercial, and civilian planes housed within its historic walls.
- Duration: Up to 120 minutes, tailored to the interests of your group.
- Availability: Programs are available during regular open hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Advance Booking: Reserve your spot with a minimum 2-week notice, subject to availability.
Youth Group Programs
The Hangar Flight Museum offers engaging programs for organized youth groups, providing hands-on experiences and fostering an appreciation for aviation:
- Up, Up, and Away: This program invites youth aged 5 and above to explore the wonders of flight by building and testing various flying devices.
- Aeronautics 101: Designed for ages 9-11, this program delves into the science of flight, introducing youth to the principles behind aircraft.