A journey of relaxation at Thermal Spa, Calgary's urban thermal spa nestled in the heart of Beltline. Offering a distinctive blend of hot and cold facilities, coupled with a comprehensive range of treatments, Thermal Spa provides an oasis of tranquility and rejuvenation.
The Thermal Spa Experience:
Step into SKA, where hydrotherapy takes center stage in an urban setting. This unique space, designed for rest and relaxation, encourages a life balance ethos. Social hours from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday create a lively atmosphere for socializing or simply engaging in conversation with friends. The no-cell-phone-use policy allows guests to unplug and unwind completely.
- Hot Vitality Pool: Indulge in the fiery therapeutic waters of the Hot Vitality Pool, where complete immersion aids in muscle relaxation, stress relief, and decreased soreness.
- Cold Plunge Pool: Brave the icy cold waters of the Cold Plunge Pool for a refreshing experience that numbs nerves, releases endorphins, and stimulates the immune system.
- Steam Room: Breathe deeply in the steam room, enriched with soothing eucalyptus or calming lavender essential oils, promoting muscle relaxation, detoxification, and positive effects on the skin.
- Dry Sauna: Relax in the hot, dry air of the sauna, easing muscle tension and boosting circulation and immunity as toxins are flushed from the body.
- Lounge Area: Rest body and mind in the calming lounge. Reflect, meditate, or even take a nap as part of the essential hydrotherapy cycle, accompanied by complimentary flavored waters and teas.
Hot (15-20 minutes): Immerse in a heated experience, such as the sauna, steam room, dry sauna, or hot vitality pool. The intense warmth relaxes muscles, reduces joint pain, and flushes out toxins.
Cold (1-2 minutes): Enter the cold plunge pool or cold shower, essential for accelerating blood return to organs, flushing out toxins, and repairing sore muscles. Stay in the cold portion for one to three minutes.
Rest (10-20 minutes): After a hot-cold cycle, rest in a quiet area, encouraging reflection, meditation, or a peaceful nap before repeating the hydrotherapy journey.
Rest and Repeat: Resting between hydrotherapy cycles is crucial for temperature regulation and mind-body regeneration. To optimize benefits, repeat the hot-cold cycle a minimum of three times, with a 10 to 20-minute rest between each cycle.
Wellness Through Water:
Hydrotherapy, an age-old tradition, harnesses the power of hot and cold water to enhance wellness and vitality. The process includes sauna, steam room, and hot and cold pools, offering benefits like improved blood flow, stress release, muscle tension relief, boosted immunity, detoxification, and an overall sense of well-being.